Baked Salmon Cakes
Faster, easier, and bursting with flavor, these cakes far outshine the fried version
- 2 cups dry instant brown rice (or 3 cups cooked regular brown rice)
- 1 15oz can salmon (skin and large bones removed) (or 3 5oz pouches)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons creole seasoning (like Tony Chachere’s)
- Preheat oven to 450. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Mix cooked rice, salmon, eggs, veggies, cilantro, lemon juice, and seasoning.
- Form cakes and place on a greased baking sheet. (An ice cream scoop works great for this.) Flatten with spatula. Spray tops of cakes with olive oil.
- Bake at 450 for 5 mins. Turn, and bake on the other side for about 5 mins, or until golden.
These cakes are especially yummie with Creamy Dill Sauce (recipe below)
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped dill (or parsley, or cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground ground pepper to taste